Friday, September 13, 2013

Live from Hershey

I'm in Hershey, PA working my first RV show.   I've attended quite a few, but never worked one.  It's been fun if tiring.   The show opens at 9 am and closes at 8 pm so days are really long!  Only 2 more days left and then another long day flying back to McAllen.

I did get out a little bit and looked at some RVs.  So far I like one of the Entegra motorhomes best, but who knows.  I'd like to take a look at the New Horizon 5th wheels while I'm here and see what else there is.  Truth is there are so many options here it's really kind of overwhelming.   And since I don't have a lot of time to look, that makes it hard.

As far as an update on the breast cancer front, I was finally able to get a conference call in with the MD Anderson people and the insurance people.   I think we made progress with the insurance people explaining to MD Anderson that so far they have covered all costs with the breast cancer since I was diagnosed after the insurance effective date.  Hopefully I will hear good news on Monday.   Keep your fingers crossed...

On the online dating front...   I signed up a little over a month ago.   So here's a little catch up report.  I got messages from several gentlemen and exchanged some emails.  Some were just strange.  One basically blasted me for not having more pictures posted.   Another professed his undying love after a few email exchanges.  Scary!  Being me, I tried to be polite and reply to everyone.   There were a few I didn't... Like Mr. FetishMaster... Really???  Lol

Soon after I signed up I got a very nice message from a gentleman.   We started exchanging emails, then some text messages and finally phone conversations.   He's a little uncomfortable with me sharing much information here just yet, so for now I'll just tell you that we both deactivated our profiles because we don't want to be distracted by others.  He's been amazingly wonderful about the breast cancer thing -- imagine just getting to know someone and they spring that on you...

As things progress we will figure out together what we're both comfortable with sharing.   What I can say right now is that he makes me laugh, is very supportive and I have not found any warts no make how hard I look for them, so I'm feeling very happy and optimistic about where things are going.

Time to call it a night so I'm ready for another long day tomorrow.  If you happen to be at Hershey, stop and say hi!

5 comments:

  1. Hi Carol, was great to finally meet you at Hershey!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yea on the new friend and his great attitude!!Lots of progress and positivity for you! Really happy for you!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I, too, would be confused looking at so many rigs. Three weeks after buying our 2009 Montana we went to the RV Show in Atlantic City. We saw a Cedar Creek we liked more and at a lower cost. DANG! Well here it is 4 1/2 years later and the Montana is recently gone and we are in a new Cedar Creek!

    Do hope things work out as you would want on the relationship area. Slow and easy my friend.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I just found your blog and felt I'd say hello and share that my wife and I met through AOL's online dating portal back in early 1999. No pictures, all text, the site was horrible but we muddled through and ended up getting married soon after.

    Good luck on your journey!

    Erik

    ReplyDelete
  5. Ops, forgot to mention, take a look at the Montana 5th Wheels. Built for full time use as part of the Montana package and we love ours! We have the 3725RL.

    Erik

    ReplyDelete