Thursday, September 26, 2013

Progress

I' finding it a bit challenging keeping this blog updated.   It's a strange combination of being really busy and not feeling like there is anything to write about.  I'm sure I'll find the right balance in time.

Work has been really busy.   We are heading into the busy season at Retama Village from a sales perspective.   I don't think I explained exactly what I do here.   Besides selling homes and RV lots in Retama, I also manage our Design Center.   I have input on new plans and make sure our design options are available, priced correctly etc.

Once we have a contract to build a home, I also represent the buyer through the building process.  That means I make sure what we build is what the customer expected, spot problems early on the process, help find solutions to problems as they arise, and track changes and additions through the process.   If there is a going to be a mortgage, I work with the buyer and their lender to make sure we have everything I place when the house is done.

The other big part of my job is that I am also a REALTOR for Rhodes Realty LLC.   We decided to add this element as a service to our residents.  We haven't really made an announcement and I already have 6 listings.  That's a great number for any agent after a couple of months!

So add those things up and I think I have at least 3 jobs.   It's a really good thing I love them all!  

Right now it's been a little hard to juggle though because I lhave been trying to deal with the breast cancer thing.   I was initially diagnosed on August 20.  Since then I have been trying to find the right doctor and facility for treatment.   My first choice was MD Anderson.  I have been arguing with them for over 4 weeks now about insurance coverage.   They have been worried that because my insurance policy has a pre-existing condition clause they will not be paid.   Both my insurance and I have been trying to explain that it is not an issue.   Well, Tuesday a miracle occurred and they called to say we could go forward with appointments and treatment.   So I have appointments in Houston next Wednesday and Thursday.   From there we will determine treatment and proceed.

The other -- and best -- part of life these days is Marcello.   He's the guy I met on Match.com.   We've been communicating for a little over 6 weeks now.   A couple of weeks after we started talking, he had to go to the North Sea for 6 weeks for a work contract.   We've kept emailing and chatting and calling.  Technology has often failed us with lousy Internet connections and no signal for the satellite phone.   In spite of all that, things are great!   We know each other better since all we've been able to do is talk.  Now we're really looking forward to spending some quality time together. He will be coming to visit in 10 days!  Can't wait!  

At least our first date won't be for surgery.  We'll save that for date 2...

3 comments:

  1. You are doing a good job of balancing job, health and love life, Carol. I'm holding positive thoughts that your health problems will be solved quickly. You're too young and ambitious to worry about cancer. Joy.

    ReplyDelete
  2. WOW! What a great job you have. I am betting you are really good at it. When we meet up again in Jan or Feb I trust all these medical issues will be way behind you.

    ReplyDelete
  3. So happy that you have found an interesting and fun job AND friend! I am sending you many positive wishes/hopes for an equally satisfying health care experience going forward!

    ReplyDelete